Every year, nearly one in five businesses suffers a major interruption caused by man-made and natural threats. Too often, these events are not met with the requisite level of preparedness for effective crisis management. Solid business continuity plans and good crisis preparation prevent such interruptions from metastasizing into business-critical issues that seriously threaten operations.
[dt_quote type=”pullquote” layout=”right” font_size=”big” animation=”none” size=”1″]We help business and government leaders take immediate control of the crisis situation, stabilize their organizations, and accelerate and deliver on recovery.[/dt_quote]
Grey International takes a thorough, “all hazards” approach that supports the entire business continuity process, enabling our clients to develop robust plans with wide applicability. Grey International consultants work with clients to identify the threats and risks they face to develop and implement systems and strategies. We set up and train teams to manage crises at all levels of an organization.
Well-designed business continuity plans and crisis management processes will recover the business in an orderly way and within specified timeframes. Such plans are critical to ensuring that essential operations can carry on in the event of an interruption, and that damage to a corporation’s employees, reputation, assets and commercial viability is kept to a minimum.
Grey International business continuity and crisis management consultants provide support throughout the entire business continuity life-cycle:
- Business Impact Analysis – We identify key business processes, people, systems and dependencies, and the impact their interruption would have on business.
- Risk Assessment – We design and run realistic simulations to test plans and systems and help personnel develop the knowledge and skills they need to manage crises. We use workshops to review and identify the risks and threats to a client’s business, staff, reputation, customers, property and other assets.
- Strategy Development – Our consultants work closely with clients to investigate and develop strategies for recovery before any serious impact is suffered.
- Documenting Plans – We document agreed strategies, implement crisis management structures and create clear lines of escalation and communications.
- Exercise and Implement – Exercises for our clients’ business continuity teams give them the opportunity to practice their roles and responsibilities when their plan is put into action. We also offer awareness training to a wider group of employees to build their knowledge of the plans.
- Review and Maintain – Grey International helps clients review and maintain their business continuity plans to ensure that they remain relevant in the face of constantly evolving threats.
- Managing Interruptions – In the event of disruptions to productivity / schedules, expertise from Grey International can mitigate the impact, costs and potential for damage including reputational harm.